Friday, September 14, 2012

No redemption!

I stood beside his casket, apologizing profusely in my head. I had wronged him and he didn't even know it. Didn't even know I existed. I had stopped him from getting close to probably the one true love in his life. She stood next to me, fighting to control her tears. Her eyes, when she looked at me, were full of hurt and accusation. She stayed away from him and his persuasive loving perusal because I told her I had a bad feeling about him. Something about him didn't sit right with me. The fool that I was had made this assumption without having met him, without getting to know him...and the fool that she was she believed me. After all, I was supposed to her friend, wasn't I? As I watched his sister stroking his rigid, cold face I wondered - if I hadn't kept them away, would he have died a much happier man? She would be upset anyway, but would she be content in the knowledge that she had loved him with all she had in the short time they had together? Were his last thoughts about her? Would she ever forgive me for keeping her from such pure love?

About 8yrs down the line, I don't even remember his name but in the still of the night I feel him...feeding slowly off my guilt.

Stephen.R.Covey says “We simply assume that the way we see things is the way they really are or the way they should be. And our attitudes and behaviors grow out of these assumptions.”


No comments:

Being a mummy

Full time Mummy!!